For our girls and boys house league program (Sep-Mar), our goal is to promote an atmosphere of fun, skill development and sportsmanship. It is focused on youth ”grass roots” basketball, structured to provide development and competition at the recreational level.
• For ages 4 to 13 the program duration is 15 weeks, with the 1 hour sessions starting after Thanksgiving weekend.
• For ages 14 to 18 the co-ed program duration is 7 weeks, with the 1.5 hour sessions starting early September.
• Each weekly session is divided between free-play, instructional sessions (skills and drills), and games.
• The first few weeks will mainly focus on skill development and creating teams, with the remaining weeks, split into skills and games at a level commensurate with each age division.
• Game participation is on an equal time basis.
Participants are to provide their own basketball.
Recommended ball sizes are;
• Ages 11 and younger - #5 (27.5)
• Ages 12 & 13 - #6 (28.5)
• Boys 14 and older - #7 (29.5)
• Girls 14 and older - #6 (28.5)
"LET'S MAKE BASKETBALL HAPPEN"