GUIDELINES FOR BEHAVIOUR
Any individual participating in, or watching, a Brantford Briers Basketball event, or Basketball Ontario sanctioned event is expected to adhere to the following Guidelines for Behaviour:
• Remember that children and youth participate in sport for their enjoyment, not your own.
• Encourage children and youth to participate, do not force them.
• Focus on their efforts and performance rather than winning and losing.
• Encourage children and youth to always play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without hostility or violence.
• Never ridicule or yell at a child or youth for making a mistake or losing a competition.
• Remember that children and youth learn best by example.
• Appreciate good performances and skillful plays by all participants.
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
• Respect officials’ decisions and teach children and youth to do likewise.
• Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them there would be no competition.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of his or her race, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, family status or physical appearance.
• IF YOU DISRESPECT THE SPIRIT OF FAIR PLAY YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY
"LET'S MAKE BASKETBALL HAPPEN"